As some of you know, Stems and Legs was launched in November of 2009 as a wine tasting series. The focus of the series was to promote wines from Washington and around the world to wine enthusiast of all levels. Our first event was an instant success and the series has grown immensely. Shortly after the launch of the wine tasting series, the blog was released and featured some of my writings from past wine tastings and trips. The blog is growing in numbers and has been well received in the community. I couldn’t have predicted a better outcome and I have many people to thank for that. After our last event at The Edgewater Hotel, I realize that some changes need to be made. I reviewed all the comments and here’s some of the changes we’ll be making:
- After our last Stems and Legs event, there were some issues that were raised in regards to the venue feeling too cramped, the lack of water for wine tasters, not enough space for wineries, lack of light food, etc. I have brought some of these issues up on numerous occasions and have continued to work with the venue. Although we had a nice event, I was not pleased overall. With that said, we will be looking at new venue options. This doesn’t mean we won’t ever host an event at The Edgewater Hotel, but we do need explore all of our options.
- Many of you wanted to purchase wine at our events and bring it home. We’ve been working on addressing this issue and have come to a solution. We will be working on plans to make this happen and I will keep you posted when we complete our efforts.
While we work to complete the major work on our project, we will be holding off on hosting any new public wine tasting events and will focus on invitation only events. In addition to this, here are some other changes we will be making:
- The Stems and Legs website will get an overhaul in the coming weeks. We are looking to add more functionality and improving the site design. Some of these changes will be minimal, but will improve the overall experience
- We will be looking to increase the amount of wine tours on the schedule. We have inquired with a few tour companies and we’re looking to add more guided tour options.
- We will be looking to teaming up with sommeliers to offer wine classes to our members. These intimate sessions will introduce you to wine and increase your overall knowledge.
We hope these changes improve the Stems and Legs brand and the overall tasting experience at our events. We will make further announcements as they become available.